THE IMPORTANCE OF VISION
You have been in business for a few years and nothing changes. Day after day, week after week and it is the same old same old. My question to you is, ‘Do you have a VISION for your business’? Every business, from a solopreneur to a large corporate should consider defining their VISION.
If you were to take a photo of your future business now, what would it look like? What do you want your business to be recognised for one day? You need to have a crystal-clear vision otherwise you can get easily lost in deciding the best way forward.
Vision statements are future based, inspire and give direction to yourself and the employees of the company. It is the vision statement that provides the destination for the journey. Without a destination, how can you plan the route.
A vision statement is a company's road map, indicating both what the company wants to become and guiding transformational initiatives by setting a defined direction for the company's growth. A carefully crafted vision statement is at the heart of every successful business. This statement clearly and concisely communicates your overall goals, and can serve as a tool for strategic decision-making across the company.
Here are FIVE of my favourite VISION statements to inspire you:
1. AMAZON: "Our vision is to be earth's most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online."
2. IKEA: "To create a better everyday life for the many people."
3. HARLEY DAVIDSON: “To fulfil dreams through the experiences of motorcycling.”
4. TOYOTA: “Toyota will lead the way to the future of mobility, enriching lives around the world with the safest and most responsible ways of moving people.”
5. DISNEY: “To make people happy.”
Create your own Vision Statement, pin it to the wall of your office, share it with your team and review it daily for inspiration. It is also good to establish a focused plan which I will talk about in my next newsletter, as this will make sure you are heading towards your ideal business, that supports growth and achieves your personal goals.