ARE YOU COMMITTED OR JUST INTERESTED?
“There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it is convenient. When you’re committed to something you accept no excuses, only results.” Ken Blanchard – Author
So you’ve set yourself a clear goal or intention. For example, you have decided to concentrate on the social media platforms that will boost your business, so you set an intention to spend three hours a week investigating, analysing and updating all your social media.
Things start off well, you have decided what days and time you will give to this goal. You’re making progress and then ………. life gets in the way!
You have to work longer hours, you are short staffed and you are too busy and too tired to even consider social media. Your actions become inconsistent and progress towards your goal stops. You get frustrated and wonder why achieving your goal is so hard to do. Here’s the reality …..…..
Once you have set a goal or intention then you have to make a 100% commitment to that outcome if you really want it to happen. Not 50% or 60% or 90% – 100% commitment or bust!
Here’s what 100% commitment looks like:
- If you are committed to your goal then there are no excuses, only results
- You have discipline – You connect to your goal every day
- You’ve made the decision – you’re committed to making it happen
- This is not negotiable – nothing gets in the way
Here’s what just being interested looks like:
- You do it, only when you remember or ‘feel like it’
- You can find excuses and reasons NOT to do it
- You wake up each morning fighting the voices in your head and do not do anything
- You get tied up in detail and end up putting it all in the too hard basket
The reality is, if you are only interested in your goal then you are not going to achieve it.
Successful people commit to their intentions 100% – How committed are you?